The universe always has a way of bringing to life that which is most meant to be at the time most supportive.
Planning a wedding, are you? I’d love to share some insight that has not only come to life through planning mine and my hubby’s wedding, but also largely through documenting nearly a hundred weddings.
Now, that’s some real talk. I’ve witnessed it, all.
Wanna hear something crazy? My husband and I didn’t even know if we were actually going to be able to get married on our planned wedding date as my husbands visa from South Africa had been denied a year and a half before and it wasn’t guaranteed it would be approved the second time around. We did what our hearts told us to do and kept planning our weddings knowing it would unfold just as it should! His visa was approved at the beginning of November, our wedding, at the end of January, just a few months later! It’s couldn’t have been more perfect.
If you want to learn more about my sweet hubbies and my story, check out this blog post.
Okay, okay, so you want to hear some tips and tricks, let’s jump in:
1. Find a venue that’s actually a venue :
2. Think out of the box for venues :
3. Getting Ready location matters (and matters a lot for photography) :
4. Work closely with your photographer to get the images you desire :
5. Ask for vendor referrals :
6. Do you research on your vendors :
7. You get what you pay:
8. Let your wedding be the perfect expression of your union, your love (I really mean this one):
9. Slow Down:
10. Yet, timing really does matter :
11. Take a FULL GROUP PICTURE (you’ll thank me later):
12. Make sure there is plenty of time for romantic portraits:
13. Is a first look for you?
14. How should I use/incorporate a wedding coordinator?
15. If it doesn’t feel right, don’t do it:
16. If it feels right, do it :
17. Videographer or No Videographer?
18. Have fun throughout the planning process:
19. Don’t lose sight of the meaning behind your wedding, it’s an expression of your love :
20. Use the support of your tribe:
Below, are some of my favorite time capsules from our wedding!
Here are our amazing vendors:
Photography : ABM Wedding Photography
Florals & Hairpiece : Evermore Floral
Hair : Jessica Gust Ramsey
Make-up : Mallorie Mason
Day-of Coordination : Timeless Event Planning
Dress : Bridal Showcase Salon
Shoes : TOMS
Location : Oceanside Pier with Visit Oceanside
Reception : Hello Betty Fish House
Cake : Petite Madeline Bakery/Patisserie
Still looking for wedding vendors?
Check out Ashley Strong Photography’s preferred vendor list! You won’t be disappointed!